My New Favourite Red Lip

Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner Bang Bang

I love a red lip. I actually think that it suits me too. The only problem with a red lip is that after I've worn one for a few hours my lips can dry out and crack. With this in mind I've been on the hunt for a moisturising lip colour and I stumbled across the Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner on Naturisimo and was very intrigued. I've heard so many good things about Ilia but haven't had the privilege of trying anything. Until now.

Ilia are dedicated to creating the purest products possible because our skin is our largest organ and absorbs just about anything that we put on it. All Ilia cosmetics are made with up to 85% certified organic ingredients to nourish the skin and aide it's repair. All products are free from parabens, petrochemicals, fillers, carmine and synthetic preservatives and are all suitable for vegetarians. Unfortunately they are not vegan, as some products use beeswax. Ilia also use recycled aluminium tubing for their lipstick cases, showing their interest in being an
ethical brand too.

The tinted lip conditioners are made with a blend of Vitamin E, pomegranate extract, cocoa butter nd jojoba oil to condition the lips and leave them hydrated while providing a flush of colour. There are 7 shades available on Naturisimo and I chose the shade Bang Bang. I chose this shade as I was looking for a red lip that I could easily re-apply throughout the day, preferably without a mirror and it wouldn't look too untidy. I thought with it being essentially a tinted lip balm, the colour wouldn't be super pigmented, making it easy to slick on and go. Boy was I wrong!

Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner Bang Bang Swatch

I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life...

The colour pay off from these is AMAZING. I've only tried the one colour, so I can't speak for all of them but Bang Bang is the equivalent of a red lipstick, without the cons of a lipstick. It's super soft and moisturising on the lips and feels so comfortable to wear - it definitely feels like a lip balm. It doesn't cling to dry patches and I find I don't need to apply a balm beforehand - no matter what condition my lips are in. It's not the most long lasting lip product I own, but considering it's so hydrating it lasts longer than I expected it too and even lasts through eating occasionally (as long as it's not anything too greasy). It's also easy to re-apply throughout the day without the colour going patchy so the lasting power isn't an issue for me at all.

Bang Bang isn't as dark a red as I was expecting. The description on the website is 'sheer, berry red' but to me it's more of a true red. You can see from the pictures the colour, so make of it what you will. With that in mind though I still absolutely adore the colour. I think this shade suits my pale skin really well, but it would also work on darker skin tones too. To me this is a great all round colour that would suit most people with ease.

Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner Bang Bang

The packaging is very stylish and looks great when I pull it out of my bag to apply. I personally love the silvery/grey colour and it's simple design. It's also great that it's made from recyclable materials. The only downside is that it gets marked really easily, so after it rolling around in my bag for a couple of weeks I ended up with black marks on it. They do seem to rub off though, so fingers crossed it will stay just as pretty as when I opened it!

I love my Tinted Lip Conditioner and really want to get every colour now. I'm interested to see if the paler shades are as pigmented as Bang Bang. At £22 though, I think I'll have to build up my collection slowly. I personally think they are worth that, but it just means you could only buy maybe 2 at a time tops (depending on your budget of course).

Have you tried the Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioners yet?

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,