Forest & Shore Hallelujah Hair Oil

Forest & Shore Hallelujah Hair Oil

Since bleaching my hair at the start of the year I've been making a conscious effort to take better care of it. The bleach has made my hair much drier (as I knew it would) which is brilliant for my roots, as I can go so much longer between washes now (yay!), but not so great for my ends which were already pretty straw-like.

When it comes to cruelty free brands I find that there's a lot less choice with haircare than with skincare and make up and I struggle to find brands that are great quality but not overly expensive. I love my Lee Stafford haircare but sometimes I like to try something a little different and more natural.

Enter Forest & Shore Hallelujah Hair Oil *.

Forest & Shore Hallelujah Hair Oil 2

Forest & Shore are a new brand and this is their very first product - how exciting! I was thrilled to be asked to review their hair oil and it couldn't have come at a better time. The Hallelujah Hair Oil is 100% natural and organic containing a blend of organic ingredients including coconut oil, sesame oil, olive oil, sunflower oil and arnica extract. It's Soil Association Certified so you can relax knowing that you're not putting any harsh chemicals on your hair. The product is aimed at dry & damaged hair to moisturise and repair from the inside out. By using only natural ingredients and no silicones, sulphates or parabens the oil penetrates deep into the hair shaft repairing brittle hair and smoothing the hair follicles. It also provides heat and UV ray protection making it perfect to use on wet hair before drying and styling.

First impressions of this were great and they've only gotten better the more I use it. I like to smooth this through wet hair every time I wash it from root to tip and once dry my hair is so much softer than it usually is after drying. I also like to use this most days on dry hair too after I've styled it, although I only add it to mid-lengths and ends on dry hair as my roots can get greasy pretty easily. The oil isn't too greasy so I find that I can use this most days without it weighing my hair down.


Forest & Shore Hallelujah Hair Oil 3

As someone who suffers from frizzy hair I've seen a huge improvement in my hair since using this - it's so much sleeker and softer, making it much more manageable too. Anthony always says I look like someone from an 80s rock band when my hair's freshly dried but since using this I haven't had any of those 'compliments' - which means it must be looking better! Within just a few weeks I've noticed that the condition of my hair has improved so much. It's smoother, sleeker and softer and I can't sop touching it! It's probably the best condition it's been in since I've been blonde and I'm really impressed. My hair not only feels softer after I've used the oil, but it even feels softer when I'm washing it in the shower.

The packaging is also a massive win from me. Just look at that design! Such a pretty print on the outer sleeve and the bottle is very stylish too. I love that it has a pipette as an applicator, making it super easy to apply without getting it everywhere. The seal is really tight too so you can take this with you wherever you go without worrying about spillages.


Forest & Shore Hallelujah Hair Oil 4

The only thing that is a little off-putting to me is the smell. It has quite a strong citrusy scent, that personally I'm not a fan of. However, quite a few people have raved about the smell so don't let my nose put you off. Even with the smell not being to my liking it wouldn't stop from purchasing this again, as it's such a great oil and does wonders for my hair.

Anyone looking for a natural, cruelty free hair oil should definitely look at picking this up. You can get it from Amazon here for the very reasonable price of £9.99 plus delivery. Such a steal for a natural product that I can't rave about enough. I can't wait to see what other products Forest & Shore will bring out - I predict that this will be a brand to watch in the coming months/years.

Do you like using hair oils? What's your favourite?


Kayleigh x

Labels: ,