Khadi Viola Face Oil

khadi Viola Face Oil Review

khadi are a company that create 100% natural products based on traditional Ayurvedic formulations. They have a range of herbal hair colours, hair oils and skin oils that are all cruelty free. Their range of face and body oils has been formulated as an alternative to the heavy creams that we use in the winter months. Each of the 5 oils has been crafted for a different skin type. I was kindly sent the Viola Face Oil * to try out and after a few weeks of use I can finally let you know all about it. 

I chose the Viola oil for normal skin, as I was drawn to the claim that it would reduce the formation of blemishes which I seem to be struggling with at the moment. Along with reducing blemishes it also claims to moisturise and improve skin tone. It's also suitable for sensitive skin as it includes Shavatari, which soothes discomfort and Anantmool to reduce inflammation. It also has Aromatherapuetic properties: Vanilla to improve mood, Devadaru calms nerves and
Ylang Ylang helps to elevate depression. I'm always on the look out for scents that will improve my mood, as I can be prone to a few down days, so this one sounded right up my street.

The first thing I have to mention is that the pump on the bottle I had didn't actually work, so I need to unscrew the lid and tip it out to use it. It's a faff but I'm sure the pump will be fine on other bottles. Luckily you only need a teeny tiny amount of oil to cover your face, as a little really does go a long way. The other thing that I wasn't keen on was the scent. I expected it to be quite a sweet scent but it has a bit of a powdery smell to it. It's not anything that puts me off using it and everyone is different but it is quite a strong smell.

Anyway on to the good bit. This oil is really lovely to use. It's quite a thick oil which is great for someone like me who likes to be able to feel the oil soaking into my skin, as I really feel like it's working. I always use this at night, as I find it a little too oily to use in the mornings, and when I wake up in the morning my face is super smooth and supple. This is the oil that I've been reaching for when I'm planning on wearing my Kat Von D 'Lock It' Liquid Foundation the next day, as it creates a smooth base without even a hint of any dry patches. I also find that it evens out my skin tone and my skin looks much more even and radiant the morning after.

When I first received this I used it every night before I went to bed, but now I find that I only need it a couple of times a week as a treatment for when my skin feels a little dry. It's improved the state of my skin overall so that it's much more nourished and I don't get as many dry patches now.

I also use this on any dry patches on my body, especially my legs as they're like the Sahara desert and it takes a lot to get them in good condition! This oil has given it a good go - it's worked wonders on moisturising my legs and they are in much better condition now although it did take a lot more applications than my face did! I probably wouldn't continue to use this on my body every day as it is a little messy to use, but I'll reserve it for when my legs are feeling extra dry and tight.

khadi products are all vegan, cruelty free, BDIH organic certified and free from SLS, peroxide, ammonia, preservatives, synthetic and artificial dyes. They also make sure that any herbs that are used in their products are collected in a sustainable way by locals.

I really love this oil and find that it's become a staple in my routine lately. This will come in extra handy in the winter too. You can pick this up from Pravera for £11.90 which I think is an absolute bargain, considering the bottle is 100 ml. I've used this so often and hardly made a dent in my bottle.

Have you tried anything from khadi before?


Kayleigh x

Labels: ,