My Favourite Foundation EVER?!

Kat Von D Lock It Liquid Foundation

I've finally found it: the BEST foundation ever! Now it may be a little early to be saying this as I've only been using this for a few weeks but I love it so much that I had to share it with you guys. So without further ado I present to you Kat Von D 'Lock It' Liquid Foundation.

I've always loved Kat Von D since her Miami Ink days and her make up is always perfect, so when she released her make up line I knew I would more than likely love it all. As we couldn't get it in the UK for years I never got around to trying the foundation though, until now. I saw it in Sephora in Mexico and shade matched myself, but I never bought it and I kicked myself afterwards as I would have saved quite a bit of money. Once we got back Anthony very kindly ordered it for me as a surprise because he knew how gutted I was that I didn't get it - 50 boyfriend points to him! As soon as I opened the box I knew it would be love.

First of all look at the packaging - it's all sorts of gothic glam and it's perfect. I love that it comes with a little cap that goes on the end of the dispenser instead of a lid - such an unusual idea. The pump action is really smooth and 1 pump dispenses more than enough product to cover my whole face. The bottle also has an 'airless chamber' design which means that the product won't get contaminated and the consistency doesn't lose it's richness.

The product itself is amazing. It's a creamy formula that smooths over the skin like a dream. It's a high coverage foundation, but doesn't look cakey or too much on the skin. It easily covers all my blemishes and dark circles under my eyes to create a perfect blank canvas for the rest of my war paint. It does dry quickly so you have to make sure that you blend it in straight away, but once it's set it isn't going anywhere. As it's a matte finish one thing to note is that it does stick to dry patches easily - I have to make sure that I use an oil the night before or a good moisturiser in the morning. If you have dry skin this may not be for you.

Kat Von D Lock It Liquid Foundation

I go through stages with foundation and I'm definitely loving a more polished look at the moment, so this is perfect. I've reached for this everyday I've worn make up since I got it and unusually I haven't broken out yet. Sometimes thicker foundations block my pores and cause spots, but this hasn't yet and it's been a few weeks so fingers crossed it won't affect my skin in that way.

The 'Lock It' Foundation claims to last 24 hours without re-applying and even though I haven't worn this for 24 hours (and probably never will) I can confirm that it lasts a full day without slipping. I do get a little oxidisation on my forehead after around 8 hours but I get that with other foundations too. I'd love to see how long it lasts with the matching primer and setting powder.

In case you couldn't tell I'm absolutely in love with the Kat Von D 'Lock It' Liquid Foundation and would recommend it to anyone looking for a high coverage base. Drier skin types might want to test this before buying, but if you have oily, normal or combination skin this will be perfect for you. I'm even considering using this on my wedding day as it makes my skin look airbrushed and it lasts all day. I've never had a foundation perform this well before and I can see that this is going to be a stpale in my make up kit. 

Have you tried this foundation before?

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,