Red Lips with Living Nature

Living Nature Wild Fire Lipstick

Let me introduce you to this little beauty... Living Nature's Wild Fire Lipstick*. I've been wanting to try Living Nature's lipsticks for a while so when an email popped into my inbox offering to send me a lipstick to try I obviously jumped at the chance. I was sent Wild Fire which is a gorgeous red - I wear a lot of red lipsticks so this was a great colour for me and I've already worn it a ton of times, plus the packaging is just dreamy.

Living Nature is fast coming up in my list of favourite brands and I wish I'd tried their products sooner. They use only 100% natural ingredients with an emphasis on unique New Zealand botanicals like Active Manuka Honey - a skin healer, Harakeke Flax Gel - a super hydrator, Totarol - an anti-oxidant and antimicrobial and Manuka Oil - a skin protector. All of their packaging is recyclable to help protect the planet and they are cruelty free too of course. Their Wild Fire lipstick is packed with organic ingredients like beeswax, carnauba wax and coconut oil to
really look after your lips. I love the fact that the ingredients are all natural - when I think about how many chemicals I've eaten over the years a little shiver runs down my spine!

I took this on holiday to Poland with me and my first wear of this was the day we were travelling. I applied it before we left for the airport and when we landed at Krakow airport it was still in tact, despite me drinking water on the plane and eating snacks. It was only after we had eaten a meal later on that it started to wear off and look a bit patchy, so I quickly reapplied and was done for the rest of the night.

I've since worn this several times and each time I'm amazed by the quality and staying power. It's a matte lipstick, but it doesn't dry my lips out at all - even after wearing it for 3 days in a row (although I did apply a good lip balm over night in between)! It doesn't make my lips feel uncomfortable when I have it on either - in fact I often forget I'm wearing it.

The colour is a brilliant, vibrant red, which I think will be great for summer as well as winter. This is definitely a colour that you can wear anytime of the year - technically you can wear any colour whenever you want, but if you're into changing your colour palette with the seasons then this can stay firmly in your make up bag all year.

The only thing that I was surprised by is the shape of the lipstick. Instead of the traditional shape that is curved to fit your lips, it's a sort of oval shape. This makes it a little hard to apply at first, but you soon get used to it. It just means you have to pay more attention when applying to your cupid's bow.

Living Nature's Lipsticks are definitely at the higher end of the price range at £19.50 each but I now think it's worth it after trying them. The price was why I personally had delayed buying one for so long, as I just couldn't justify it, but I will definitely be picking up some more colours now that I know how amazing they are. I also don't mind paying a bit extra as they are made from natural ingredients - the ingredients are 100% natural origin and 90% organic.

I've loved both products I've tried from Living Nature and if you're after some new make up, especially a new lipstick(!), then I'd recommend having a look at Living Nature's selection. I'm definitely going to start picking up some more products from them when I have some spare cash, so look out for some more reviews in the future.

Have you tried Living Nature's products?

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,