Lush-ious Lips

Lush Lip Scrub and Lip Balm

First off forgive me for the title of this post - I can never resist a good pun! Also I apologise for the state of my lip balm's label - it wears off easily, but it shows how well loved it is!

I've been loving my liquid lipsticks lately, as they make my lips look amazing. I love matte lips and liquid lipsticks make that trend so easy to wear. However, it does take it's toll on my lips. They've become really dry and flaky, so I've had to up my lip care game.

Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub - £5.50

The first thing that's been saving my lips is Lush Popcorn Lip Scrub. This does a great job of exfoliating my lips
and gets rid of any loose skin really easily. I usually only use this once or twice a week, but I've been using it nearly every day recently and it's made my lips so soft and plump. I use this in the shower at night as I find it can get be a little messy to use otherwise. You scoop some out on your finger and then rub it all over your lips, then you rinse it off and are left with kissable lips. They say you can lick this off your lips afterwards but the idea of that is kinda gross to me, as you'd be eating your old skin too *insert sick emoji here*. I can see why it would be appealing though as it does taste nice and you can taste the oils on your lips after you've rinsed the scrub off.

The Popcorn version is my favourite one as it does smell of popcorn. It has a nice sweet smell, without it being too sickly. Mint Julips is quite nice too but the Bubblegum smells way too sweet for me. It is probably on the pricey side for something that you could make yourself at home, but I really like the scent and how well it works on my lips, so I don't mind paying the price.

Lush Honey Trap Lip Balm - £6.75

This is the perfect accompaniment to the scrub. It makes my lips super soft and they feel so supple once I've applied this. I use a generous layer of this every night before bed and let it sink in over night and my lips look so healthy in the morning. It's a non-greasy lip balm and leaves a matte finish on the lips, so I also use this in the morning. As it has a matte effect it's perfect for underneath lipsticks, providing some extra moisture throughout the day. I love the way it makes my lips look on it's own too, as it takes the shine away from my lips and evens out the tone. It's definitely my favourite lip balm right now - I even find myself applying it just for the scent sometimes as it smells of honey, which is one of my favourite scents (along with vanilla).

Using these two together nearly every night has completely fixed my dry, cracked lips. They are a perfect pairing and ensure that I can wear my trusty matte lipsticks all day every day without the worry of my lips drying out. Have you tried these yet?

Kayleigh x

Labels: