Botanicals Rose & Geranium Nourish Body Polish

Botanicals Body Polish Review

It's Organic Beauty Week from the 19th - 25th September and Botanicals have released three new exciting body care products to celebrate: Rose & Geranium Nourish Body Polish, Nourishing Body Lotion and  Nourishing Hand Cream and I was very kindly sent a sample of the Rose & Geranium Body Polish* to review for you.

Botanicals are certified by the Soil Association and only use certified organic ingredients in their products, so you can be sure that you're not putting any nasties on your skin with their products and that's one of the reasons why I love this brand.

I hopped in the shower and gave this a thorough test and I was not disappointed. The first thing I noticed about this is it is quite a firm body polish and you need to mix it with a little bit of water in order to work it onto the skin. It
then becomes a milky texture which feels really luxurious on the skin and not scratchy or harsh. The polish is made up from raw cane sugar, Himalayan salt crystals and organic essential oils, meaning that it moisturises the skin whilst the raw cane sugar is a source of glycolic acid which penetrates the skin to remove any dead skin cells.

When applying this to my skin I found that it feels slightly greasy - probably due to the oils - which I love, as it feels like it's penetrating the top layer of my skin and really getting to work. The salt crystals feel pretty big, so you don't feel any sharp scratching on your skin, just a gentle buffing. You do have to wash the body polish off well though as the oils do linger on the skin, but I personally like that as it reminds me of an in shower moisturiser.

The biggest difference I noticed about this scrub to others I've tried is that once I got out of the shower my skin felt so soft and refreshed. With other scrubs it feels fresh but can also be quite dry where I've scrubbed my skin to within an inch of it's life, but I didn't get that feeling with this body polish at all and I really went to town with it too! I also find that I don't need to use a thick moisturiser after using this and a lotion will do the trick nicely.

I've used this a few times over the past couple of weeks now and I can see a visible difference in my skin - especially on my legs. They look much healthier and my skin is glowing, although being so pale they're probably looking a little too bright now!

This is a great scrub that has a very high end feel to it and is completely worth the £24 price tag. I also don't mind paying a little extra, as it contains only the best ingredients for your skin and you know they are all certified organic. It makes my skin look so healthy and replenished and the fact that it has a slight rose scent to it is a bonus.

I also wanted to let you know that Botanicals will be running a great 3-for-2 offer on the new Rose & Geranium Range during Organic Beauty Week, so be sure to head over there on the 19th September and snap up a bargain. Your skin will thank you for it.

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,