Foundation-Less Make Up Routine

Foundation Less Make Up Routine

Since coming back from holiday I haven't worn a scrap of foundation and I tell you now: I'm bloody loving it! My skin looks so much better without it at the moment and even though that's probably because I have a bit of a tan, I also think it's because I'm not caking my skin in make up everyday. It's nice not to have to worry about whether my foundation is congealing, or scratching my face and having make up under my nails; gross, I know! In short it's lovely, so I thought I'd share what make up I am wearing and loving at the moment.

I start with Soap & Glory Bright Here, Bright Now Instant Radiance Energy Boost Balm (what a mouthful!) and smooth that all over my face. It gives my skin a natural glow, as I'm all for a dewy base. I conceal under my eyes with the Becca Under Eye Brightening Corrector and Essence All About Matt Concealer over the top. I also use this concealer to cover any redness, usually round my nose and on my chin, and any blemishes too. I blend this in
with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, which is basically a magic wand for your face! I love this sponge as it gives such a natural look to concealer and foundation and it doesn't make you look like you have cake face. Winner! To set this all in place I use e.l.f Studio Perfect Finish HD Powder - this is a great powder but I went and broke the bloody clasp on holiday and now it doesn't shut properly, so I can't take this out with me anymore. Sad times.

Anyway, then I move onto eyes. Recently I've re-discovered my love for the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, so this is my pick for eyes at the moment. My favourite shades that I mix and match daily depending on my mood are Chopper, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, YDK and Busted. I usually create a slightly smoky eye for everyday or apply one wash of a darker colour all over the lid. In fact, I think I'll do a separate post on this palette with a few different everyday looks. I use The Body Shop Striking Eye Definer in Black to line my upper lash line and take this down to the outer third of my bottom lash line to add a bit of definition and then use my trusty Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara to finish.

Once eyes are done I then finish off my face with a bit of my Wet N Wild MegaGlo Contouring Palette to contour. The bronzer is a brilliant match for my skin to contour but I'm not so sure about the highlight yet - it doesn't seem to show up at all on my skin. I'll finish with a small amount of Wet N Wild Colour Icon Blush in Mellow Wine on my cheeks and pick out a lipstick and I'm set. My favourite lipsticks of the minute are Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita (insert heart-eyes emoji here), Wet N Wild MegaLast Lip Colour in Bare It All, Sleek Matte Me in Birthday Suit and NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu.

One thing I'm searching for at the moment is a cruelty free drugstore eyebrow powder. I can't seem to find the right shade for me, so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know asap?!!

So that's the routine I've been loving lately. It seems like a lot but it only takes me 5 minutes to apply my make up in the morning, which means more quality bed time - and who doesn't love to sleep?!

Kayleigh x

Labels: ,