A Lush Shampoo & Conditioner Combo

Lush Shampoo & Conditioner

I always have a hard time finding shampoo and conditioners that I like. I naturally have fine hair but I have quite a lot of it and with it being dark it shows up grease really easily. Therefore my shampoo has to clean my hair thoroughly so that I can get away with a good few days before I have to wash it again, but without making it too dry. A conditioner needs to make my hair soft and manageable but not make it greasy. With that said these two seem to be doing a pretty good job of meeting my high standards.

Lush Jason & The Argan Oil Shampoo Bar - £5.95
I've had a Lush shampoo bar before and I absolutely loved it. It was the Squeaky Green bar and it was amazing for my hair - full review here. However, when I looked into getting another one I realised it's been discontinued, so off I trotted to Lush to ask the ever helpful assistants what they recommend in it's place. I spoke to a lovely lady that
helped me pick out the Jason & The Argan Oil Shampoo Bar and I love it. It includes argan oil for softness and to make the hair shinier and there's also rose oil to help balance the scalps oils. When I use this I find my hair is completely cleansed and feels so lightweight. I was a little skeptical at first about how cleansing it would be but it really does give that squeaky clean feeling to my hair. The rose oil helps to not dry out the scalp and regulate oil production for a healthy scalp and I can say that it's definitely helped with my dandruff patch - it's almost completely gone now. I find I can usually go about 3 days before I need to wash my hair, which is a brilliant result for someone with greasy hair like mine. Also the smell is amazing - it completely fills my whole bathroom, which makes my shower such a great experience!

Lush Jungle Solid Conditioner  - £5.95
I picked this up on a whim in the shop as I was looking for an easily transportable conditioner to take on holiday with me (both of these are great for travelling). I settled on this bar as it's better value for money than the bottled conditioners, which personally I think are quite expensive for the amount you get. Now, this is a weird one to use. You use it the same way as the shampoo bars but this doesn't lather - and I mean AT ALL! It's quite hard to know how much is in your hair, so I make sure to run it through a few times just to ensure I've covered everywhere. I also only use conditioner on the ends of my hair as the roots really don't need it. After a few uses I'm used to it now and it's worth the awkward application for the results. My hair is ridiculously soft and nourished afterwards which really surprised me as it feels like there's hardly any product on your hair at the time. It also doesn't tangle my hair and it's actually really easy to brush afterwards. Once dry I have super sleek and swishy hair - perfect!

Both of these have been brilliant for my hair and I definitely think I've found some new favourites. I'll definitely be taking these on holiday with me to save room in my case and I know I can trust them to work on my hair. I've been using these for a couple of weeks now and the bars are pretty much the same size as when I started using them, so they will last a really long time too. I think my last shampoo bar lasted around 3 months or maybe longer - much longer than a bottle. If your looking for a new shampoo and conditioner, look no further. I've found the solution for you in these two beauties.

Have you tried Lush haircare before?

Labels: ,