GOSH Primer Plus Illuminating Skin Perfector

GOSH Primer Plus Illuminating Skin Perfector

I was always happy with my Rimmel Lating Finish Primer, but when it ran out I needed a new cruelty free primer instead. I'd recently bought the GOSH X-Ceptional Wear Foundation and loved it, so I thought why not try one of their primers. Now I'm all for that glowy skin lately, so naturally I gravitated towards the GOSH Primer Plus Illuminating Skin Perfector and I must say I'm not disappointed. This primer claims to even skin tone, reduce imperfections, smooth pores & fine lines and give a healthy natural glow. It includes pearl pigments to deliver a supple, dewy base that lasts all day - sounds right up my street.

The Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer was a white cream that became transparent on the skin, so I was a little surprised when I saw the GOSH one was skin coloured. This isn't a bad thing at all, just me being used to a white primer and I actually really like that it's tinted as it provides my face with a bit of extra colour. I was expecting to
see some sort of glitter or shimmer particles in the product but there isn't any at all as far as I can see, so I was shocked when I saw how radiant my skin looked after using this - I'm not sure how it does it but it definitely does it!

Most primers I've tried are quite thick and tend to sit on the skin but this one is a thin consistency that leaves a slight film - it's not a greasy feeling but my face feels a little tacky after it's applied. I do find that this helps my foundation and concealer stick to my skin better though and it lasts all day without touch ups.

I use a small blob each for each cheek, my chin & my forehead and nose, so you don't really need a lot to cover your face. It's also quite a big tub, so this will last me at least a couple of months - which is good news as it's not really cheap. At £14.49 I would say this is more of a mid-range product and there's definitely drugstore primers out there that are cheaper. However, I'll be very happy to repurchase this for the quality of the product and the fact it will last me a while.

I must say I'm really impressed with this primer. I like the fact that it's tinted and I'd even be happy with just using this and a bit of concealer on a good skin day - although I don't have them all that often! Don't get me wrong it doesn't give you any coverage as such but just smooths everything over and evens out your complexion, giving you a nice natural glow. A perfect base for your foundation.

I'm so happy that I picked this up as it really is a great product. Have you tried this product before?

Labels: ,