Cruelty Free Skincare with Superdrug

Superdrug Vitamin E Range

I recently read Steph's post about Why Go Cruelty Free? and it really made me think about the beauty products that I use and what goes into making them. I've since done some research on animal testing in the cosmetics industry and it's appalling what happens to poor, defenceless animals for the sake of our vanity. I won't go into too much detail here as there are plenty of articles out there where you can find out more information about animal testing, but if this is something that you're interested in then definitely give Steph's post a read. I've since made a decision to try and go cruelty free with my beauty products. I won't be throwing away all my products that I already have, as that's just wasteful but if I buy any new products I'm going to try and buy only from cruelty free brands.

One of these brands is Superdrug. All of their own branded products are Leaping Bunny approved and are entirely cruelty free. I already owned some of their Vitamin E range and abcolutely love it, so I was over the moon
to find that they're cruelty free. Superdrug products are also super affordable which means that they are really accessible for everyone. Today I thought I would do a little brand focus and talk you through some of the products in the range.

Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser - £4.99
There has been a lot of hype surrounding this as lots of people have said that this is a dupe for the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish. I've personally never tried the Liz Earle cleanser but this one is great. It's a really gentle, creamy cleanser that is lovely to apply and makes your skin so smooth and soft. It's great for removing make up in the evening and I also use this as my morning cleanse occassionally too. Each tube also includes a muslin cloth, which is brilliant as it's only £4.99. A definite must have for any skin care obsessive.

Vitamin E Facial Oil - £2.99
This is one of my favourite facial oils and I've been using this for quite a while now. I use this at night before bed, to let it really sink in to my skin overnight. I always wake up with glowing skin in the morning and I find that my spots are always much better when I use an oil. I like to use this after using a chemical exfoliator as mentioned in this post.

Vitamin E Eye Cream - £2.99
I must admit that I'm not too bothered about eye creams as I don't have any lines or wear and tear around my eyes yet. I do try to use them as often as I can, so I can try and prevent any wrinkles later in life and I like to use a hydrating cream. This is a nice eye cream and feels really moisturising on the delicate eye area. It sinks in well and doesn't sit on the skin like some creams do. I even use this in the morning occasionally and I can still cover my under eye bags like normal without my concealer slipping and sliding all over the place.

Vitamin E SPF 15 Moisturising Day Cream - £2.99
This is probably the product that I'm the least excited about. I find that this is a nice cream to use and is really moisturising but for me there's nothing too special about it. For the price you can't really complain, but I just feel like it's lacking something. It does include SPF though which is a nice addition and you also get a whopping 100ml in a tub, which is much more than most moisturisers, making it great value for money.

Vitamin E Leave-On Moisture Mask - £2.99
I get really dry patches on my cheeks, especially in winter so I like anything that is hydrating. This is an absolute gem. It fixes my dry patches after just one application and leaves my skin really smooth and supple. I especially like the fact that it doesn't leave a greasy film on my face when it's on and I tend to leave this on overnight for an extra hit of hydration.

Vitamin E Gentle Oatmeal Exfoliator - £2.99
I've mentioned before on this blog that my skin loves anything with oatmeal in it and this is no exception. In general I like to use a more gentle exfoliator on my skin but every so often I like to have a good scrub and really get rid of any dead skin cells. This is great for that and even though I only use it once every couple of weeks I find that my skin looks much brighter after I've used this. I would definietly say this is a harsh scrub but if you like those types then this will be right up your street.

Vitamin E Manuka Honey All Over Body Cream - £2.99
Now this is the best bargain of them all. Can you believe that this massive tub is only £2.99? No joke! £2.99! This cream has a slightly whipped texture to it, making it so light to apply and resulting in it sinking in amazingly well. I love to use this after a shower on slightly damp skin and I don't mind slathering nearly the whole tub over my body, as it's so cheap. This is a great moisturiser and I know that I will forever be repurchasing this.

I really love this range and everything is such amazing value. Superdrug also regularly have buy one get one half price offers on this range too, making them even cheaper. I think this is a great place to start in my cruelty free journey and I can't wait to find more great cruelty free brands and products too.

Have you tried any of this range before? Do you have any favourite cruelty free products that you love?

Labels: ,